Idea

From the very first day I found this module unexciting. That is one of the reasons why I kept stopping myself from doing work. It was hard for me to get an idea that I would like and it would be interesting for me to do it. During the fourth week of this module I still didn't have an idea. However, going to all the classes and not missing on group crits helped a lot. In one of the crits I was suggested to take my heart rate while I am not doing any work and procrastinating. I took on board this idea and downloaded a heart rate monitor app on my phone, which is still accurate, but doesn't cost as mach as real heart rate monitors and also this app let me save and download the results to my laptop. The result was pretty interesting. 


"A normal resting heart rate for adults ranges from 60 to 100 beats a minute. Generally, a lower heart rate at rest implies more efficient heartfunction and better cardiovascular fitness. For example, a well-trained athlete might have a normal resting heart rate closer to 40 beats a minute."(Edward R. Laskowski, M.D., 2015)

My heart rate at the begging, while I was still nervous and lost in this module, was above 70 or even 80 beats a minute all the time. 


 Even though I still didn't know what I was going to do with that I kept taking my heart rate every day.

Bibliography:

Edward R. Laskowski (2015). ‘Fitness what’s a normal resting heart rate?’, MayoclinicAvailable at: http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/fitness/expert-answers/heart-rate/faq-20057979